Dream big with the new website of the CHU Sainte-Justine Foundation.
In 2023, the CHU Sainte-Justine Foundation launched the largest fundraising campaign in its history. The goal: to raise $500 million to transform the lives of today's and tomorrow's generations through healthcare and research.
As the official digital partners of the Foundation, we supported them in a comprehensive redesign of their corporate website to bolster the digital efforts of the campaign.
The main objectives of this redesign project were:
- Support the fundraising campaign in the coming years and elevate the website to match the Foundation's ambitions.
- Showcase the campaign's spokespersons and key contributors.
- Standardize the user experience and align web technologies across various Foundation sites (such as Le Grand sapin de Sainte-Justine, the RBC Children's Race, the Roule à fond challenge, etc.).
- Continue the digital transformation and harmonize the Foundation's online presence.
A comprehensive effort was required to support the Foundation's mission, particularly in terms of design, content, and web analytics.
Design and Accessibility
A recent survey conducted by the CHU Sainte-Justine Foundation with multiple users allowed us to effectively guide our recommendations to simplify the user's navigation journey. Several measures have also been implemented to ensure compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
As is often the case, mobility has also played a significant role in our strategic decisions to effectively communicate the Foundation's mission and encourage users to participate in the donation campaign. We have also implemented measures to improve accessibility, usability, and the overall browsing experience on the website. Here are a few examples:
- Highlighting the "Donate" button.
- Reducing the size of header images.
- Adding a secondary menu for subpages and implementing breadcrumb navigation.
To assist the Foundation in achieving its digital transformation goals, we have ensured consistent branding across its various online channels. Additionally, to simplify content management, we have consolidated the main website and all Foundation event microsites under a single WordPress platform. This means that all web addresses associated with the Foundation are now linked to one CMS (Content Management System) platform.
Using a single technology for all sites provides significant time savings and increased efficiency for the Foundation, while offering several benefits to its web team, including:
- Facilitating multisite management.
- Enabling content and component reuse across different addresses.
- Simplifying integration of the donation platform and its optimization.
- Ensuring consistency of information across all sites.
- Standardizing the architecture and structure of all pages.
- Providing the same tools for web journey analysis, traffic sources, and content optimization.
- Expanding the use of developed components throughout the Foundation's ecosystem.
During our website redesign and content migration mandate, we also provided strategic recommendations to the Foundation's team to help them organize their digital content. Editorial choices were made, allowing for content retention, reuse, or removal.
Furthermore, to offer the best possible browsing experience and facilitate the Foundation's objectives, we repositioned key information and created new pages to meet user needs. This simplifies and streamlines the process of finding information and making donations, making it more intuitive.