Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec (OIIQ) Put nurses at the centre of the experience.
the needs of all target audiences
their goals, lifestyle and age.
A unified offering focused on support
To serve its various target audiences, the OIIQ is looking to create a new digital space that fosters the exchange of ideas and is rich in resources and features that provide an engaging client experience.
- Consolidate all 16 OIIQ sites on a single digital platform.
- Engage in and maintain a dialogue with the public, members, partners and health professionals.
- Increase the Ordre’s revenues by integrating a marketing component (e.g., paying for online training).
Human beings at the heart of the strategy
Adopt a client-centric approach that considers each person’s specific needs and pathways.
Five-part segmentation of the strategic component
- Support: Offer a personalized decision support.
- Conversion: Turn passive users into assets.
- Customization: Provide relevant content to each person.
- Loyalty: Improve the rate of return visits to the site.
- Marketing: Increase the number of transactions and purchase frequency.
An optimized user experience
To achieve the Ordre’s objectives and create a unified, concise and scalable ecosystem, various tactics have been implemented throughout the project.
To establish and maintain the connection with nurses, a content strategy approach was implemented. A great deal of work was done to simplify the content and adapt the messages and terms used.
The new site adapts the content offering according to each user’s interests (targeted publications by location or clinical area).
The right technology to create the experience
To meet the OIIQ’s business needs, we used the Liferay 7 web platform and Java.
We also leveraged SpringBoot, Java8 and Tomcat to set up microservices. The goal was to outsource transactions and processes so capacity can easily increase and decrease, as needed.
Atomic Design and User Experience
On the graphic front, we shifted to atomic (or modular) design to achieve an even more optimal concept. The interface design is based on various modules that target iterative creation and, by extension, an improved the user experience.
We also invested major efforts in design and user experience testing for easier, more user-friendly site navigation.